ALBANY, NY (NEWS10) – For 100 years now, fourth-generation family business Frank Adams Jewelers has been helping people in the Capital Region mark life’s milestones. In commemoration of his 100e anniversary, the company will provide “100 acts of donation” in 2022.
The store began as a small watch repair business in 1922 with founder Frank Adams at the helm. Today, Frank’s son, David Adams; his granddaughter, Kimberley Adams Russel; and his great-grandson, Jeffrey Adams Russell, operate the store and manage a team of 20 people.
“I think he is, wherever he is right now, extremely proud,” said Kimberly Adams Russell, who is the company’s current president and chief operating officer.
The store was originally located on North Pearl Street in downtown Albany, before moving to its current location in Stuyvesant Plaza. The store has established a reputation as the premier retailer of internationally recognized and award-winning designer jewelery and watch brands in the capital region.
In commemoration of his 100e anniversary, Frank Adams Jewelers will be doing 100 Acts of Kindness in 2022. The store team will participate in helping to choose the “100 Acts of Giving” – which include:
- Organize an educational program for local scouts during which the store’s gemologist will teach them about gemstones and minerals.
- Make a significant donation to Special Olympics and volunteer at its summer games.
- Establishment of an annual scholarship to Russell Sage College to support a Capital Region student pursuing higher education.
- Support the South End Children’s Café in Albany with regular donations of food and volunteer time.
- Make a significant donation to the American Heart Association to support its annual gala and host a blood drive at the store in Stuyvesant Plaza.
Looking to add to your bling bling collection? Throughout the year, customers can purchase a single stone pendant with a 100-facet diamond from Roberto Coin’s Cento Collection for $1,922 in honor of the year the store was founded and automatically be entered into the grand prize draw to be held at a celebratory event in September.