Happy Friday, Plymouth-Canton! Here’s everything you need to know about Plymouth-Canton today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Windy, very hot and humid. High: 89 Low: 69.
Here are today’s top stories in Plymouth-Canton:
- Dearborn Jewelers in East Plymouth closure after 72 years of activity. The store at 805 W. Ann Arbor Trail will close sometime in June after the family decided it was time to retire and close the business because no one was ready to own it. (hometown life)
- Joe Sheena, owner of PizzaPapalis will do Detroit-style pizza on CBS’ “The Talk” Friday afternoon. He will do the pizza in the show’s “Food Face-Off” segment, as he takes on Andy Brown of Andy’s Pizza in Washington, D.C., who will make a traditional New York-style pizza. (Detroit Patch)
- the Inauguration of the Hub Stadium in Novi with curling rinks, football bowling, ax throwing and more. It is located at 44325 W 12 Mile Rd # H-160 in the Twelve Mile Crossing at Fountain Walk. (W X Y Z)
- Lawyers for Jennifer and James Crumbley filed lawsuits on Thursday seeking to prevent certain information from being admitted as evidence during the couple’s fall trial, according to a Detroit Free Press report, citing court records. (Rochester Hills patch)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. Whether you’re working from home or streaming your favorite movies, the new Ring Alarm Pro gives you an internet connection you can rely on, while keeping your home safe.
To learn more about the innovative security system, or to build your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
Today in Plymouth-Canton:
From my notebook:
- Plymouth High School Girls’ Lacrosse: “Some great moments captured during the KLAA game against Northville last Monday. #catsgottaeat #plymouthwildcats #phsathletics #plymouthhighschool #girlslacrosse #michiganlacrosse #lacrosse #lax #pcep #phslacrosse #plymouthlacrosse #h…” (Facebook)
- New Morning School, Plymouth: “Teachers who are able to fully listen to their students: this is one of the main advantages of small class sizes. Since 1973, the New Morning School has provided a unique and innovative learning environment which has produced students…” (Facebook)
- Cantonal Chamber: “Which legal structure suits your new business? This article will help you decide. » (Facebook)
- Next door neighbour, forest trails: “Big garage sale tomorrow-Saturday…. – TONS of baby boy clothes and other baby items, accessories, home decor, and more. » (The next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Please follow and stay informed. I will see you soon!
— Dylan Siwicki
About me: I was born and raised on the Westside of Detroit, in the Polish blue-collar neighborhood of Warrendale. I am a Detroit Public School graduate who fought hard to earn my education. My aspiration to journalism came when I was young, when I started following the corruption scandal of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. My first break into the world of journalism began with the opportunity to work at the Michigan Journal, where I primarily reported on campus and local news throughout the Dearborn community. I finally worked my way to the news editor. So, with first-hand experience growing up in a close-knit neighborhood, I know the importance of delivering news and telling stories that impact local communities. And as the latest news editor at Patch for Metro Detroit, it’s my job to deliver that news. So feel free to contact me about new tips or your own unique experiences at [email protected]
Do you have a news tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Plymouth-Canton Daily? Contact me at [email protected]